Martie Janse van Rensburg
Martie is an experienced executive and non-executive director (16 years) serving in organisations that require strategic redirection and governance alignment in the public and private sector.
Martie has vast governance experience which include chairing of organisations in the public and private sector (4 years each) and has served as chairperson of board committees (Audit and Risk mainly) for 16 years.
Martie has substantial understanding of and experience in good corporate governance practices, corporate strategy, shareholder management models, enterprise wide risk management, regulatory compliance, financial reporting and analysis, human resource strategies and performance management. She has a sound knowledge of infrastructure development and funding on executive and non- executive level (TCTA, Johannesburg Water, ACSA,) repositioning, restructuring and turnaround of businesses (private and public sector – TCTA, Denel, NMI Group). Work in SADC countries includes Botswana, Lesotho, Mozambique, Namibia and Swaziland.
Current Non-Exec Appointments:
- First Rand Bank Ltd: 2011 – current:
- Non-Executive Member of Credit Committee overseeing Africa, Specialised, Project, Leveraged,
- Commodity and Working Capital Finance.
- Development Bank of Southern Africa
- Sephaku Holdings Ltd
- Ashburton – Non Executive Member of Investment Credit Committee
- B Comm (UFS 1977);
- B Compt Hons (UNISA 1981)
- CA (SA) (1987)