Rita Nkuhlu is a South African citizen of Xhosa and Cambodian descent.
- Bachelor of Business Administration degree from Thames Valley University, London;
- MBA from Milpark Business School, Milpark South Africa
- Master’s Dissertation: Entrepreneurship And Innovation For Small And Medium Enterprises to Achieve Sustainable Competitiveness and Access To Credit And Financial Support In Gauteng, South Africa.
- Executive MBA from the European School of Management & Technology, Berlin
- Master’s Thesis: How does FDI-related skills transfer contribute to SME suppliers’ growth in emerging economies?
Rita was appointed Executive Director Siemens Southern Africa on 1st April 2012.
She joined Siemens Transportation Systems, South Africa, in 1997 as a project commercial on railway signaling installations in South Africa as well as projects in Botswana and Zimbabwe, where she gained in-depth knowledge and experience in tendering and commercial project management.
She joined Siemens AG – Transportation Systems, Brunswick Germany, from 2000 to 2004 as part of a collaborating project management team between UK’s largest rail operator Railtrack and Siemens, as well as various other vendors such as Mott MacDonald, in what became known as UK’s first “open book” project to successfully re-signal the Dorset Coast line.
Rita returned to South Africa in 2004 to take up a Commercial Manager position at Siemens Enterprise Networks fixed line customer services division. In 2007, she joined the Healthcare Sector to commercially manage the Customer Services after sales support team.
In January 2011 Rita wanted to gain experience in Siemens’ corporate environment, and joined a worldwide project team, in which she represented Siemens – Africa, which was tasked with optimizing and implementing bundled accounting and controlling processes and activities to better utilize its skills and to streamline the accounting organizations within the Siemens world.
In April 2011, Rita added the responsibilities of enterprise risk management and internal controls to her portfolio, by becoming Risk and Internal Controls Coordinator for the Southern African region.
Corporate Portfolio Responsibilities:
- Business Development
- Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Management (EHS & QM)
- Corporate Communication & Marketing
- Permanent Establishments and Branches Coordination
- Location Corporate Social Responsibility
- Enterprise & Supplier Development